Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Say More for a Lot Less


Claire (Oh, OK, so that's not his real name...) and I have not been in good terms for a while now. 'A while' would probably be an understatement since it actually has been 'months' since we've had a decent conversation. In all honesty? I don't want to talk to him yet, sadly enough. If only I can magically not be able to see him though others can... Hmmm... that would be quite nice.

But why? what happened? Yeah, I can hear you loud and clear. But sorry to keep you hanging, that is not the point of this story. :-) This much I can say though: you choose people as 'Friends' and you choose others as 'friends'. He had always been one of the capitals in my world. Now, I don't know.

A week ago, during my birthday, he sent me a message. It was a birthday greeting and an apology. The greeting was good, I appreciated it. But the apology was something I would not have said to a Friend; though I'd give him a couple of plus points for the small effort. However it was, it was still an apology, for heaven's sake! Geez, women! That's probably what you guys out there would think. And maybe for the sake of argument, I was being overly sensitive and melodramatic. But I cannot help it that that message has put an overcast gloom on my subconscious for the past 7 days.

Damn the passion of a Scorpio! But hey, only until today, this very hour, minute, and second. My drama stops now. :-)

"Happy birthday! And I guess this would be a good time to tell you I'm sorry for having offended you in anyway. Again, happy birthday." - Claire

I couldn't really place it but just "i'm sorry" would have spoken a whole lot more. But then again, maybe he wasn't really??

1 comment:

EM said...

Ang puso Naoms..
Since he did the first move...it's a big deal. Forgive and forget! :)

It's your choice. Whatever it is, i'm always on your side! Let me know if we're going to war...hehe